List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: return-rst and port scanning
From:       "Jason R. Rhoads" <jason () pdh ! com>
Date:       1997-06-09 16:06:27

Darren,

Actually, that was my point. With debugging turned on, the kernel offered no
hint as to why the machine rebooted.  It appears to have been a hardware
problem with the Intel Pro100B NIC I was using .  The problem no longer occurs
with a different NIC.

Thanks for your help and for ipfilter,

Jason

Begin forwarded message: