List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ipfilt vs. ipfirewall
From:       Chris Warth <csw () epigram ! com>
Date:       1997-01-31 18:35:30

Can someone tell me the different between using ipfilt and using the
kernel option IPFIREWALL in FreeBSD 2.1.5?  If have both enabled in my
kernel now but I am assuming I can accomplish all the IPFIREWALL
functions with just ipfilt.  Are there really two different packages?
If so, are there any advantages to keeping IPFIREWALL in the kernel (I
need ipfilt to do the NAT)?

Thanks,

-csw