List:       ipfilter
Subject:    about with FreeBSD-2.2-BETA, IP Filter 3.1.6
From:       MIHIRA "Sanpei" Yoshiro <sanpei () yy ! cs ! keio ! ac ! jp>
Date:       1997-01-27 16:08:54

Hi.

  I use IP Filter 3.1.6 for NAT router with FreeBSD-2.1.6.1-RELEASE
box. This system is stable and no problem for me.

  I'm testing with FreeBSD-2.2-BETA_A. I compile it NO problem (Yes,
I patches some files, I will put it my anonymous ftp site). And Some
endhost connection is OK, but another endhost is NG as below.

(1) OK connections:
      Private Network                            outside Network
     FreeBSD <------------ NAT router --------> SunOS 4.1.4
     Win95                                      AIX 4.1.4
                                                BSD/OS 2.1
                                                SGI IRIX
                                                HP-UX 9.05
                                                FreeBSD 2.1.0

(2) NG connections:
     FreeBSD <------------ NAT router --------> FreeBSD 2.2-861014-SNAP
     Win95                                              2.1.5R
                                                        2.2-ALPHA
                                                Linux 2.0
                                                Solaris 2.5.1 x86

   I watch Ethernet Interface of NAT router via tcpdump.  Repled
packet from host in outside Network is not relay to Private Network
via NAT router.

  How to debug this problems....? I don't have enough skill.

  I hope that someone suggest to me.

Thank you.
---
Yoshiro MIHIRA