List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: cannot use port and neither tcp or udp
From:       Remco Post <r.post () sara ! nl>
Date:       2002-11-22 9:30:54

the difference is that proto can also be icmp or any of the less
frequently used proto's usable on ip (ip in ip for tunnels eg). Since
these cannot do ports, there is no such thing in icmp, port cannot be
used with these proto's....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams