List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Two general questions...
From:       "Tim Hogan" <tim () hoganzoo ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 15:51:57

I am a new user to IPfilters but I must say; I really like what I have
seen so far!  I have a couple of question from what I have worked with so
far that I can't seem to find the answer to, I may have more later on :)

1) If I do a 'ipnat -s'  I see a line in there that says 'bad nat 1'.
What is  'bad nat 1'?  The number never seems to change.

2) When I run 'mkfilters' it has a line in there that wants me to add a
route pointing my public interface and one of my virtual internal
interfaces to loopback.  Why do I need routes pointing to loopback?

I tried finding this info in the mailing list and I could not.  If I
missed it please let me know.

Thanks for any info

Tim