List:       ipfilter
Subject:    ipfilter@cairo.anu.e
From:       Andrew Bergman <echoes () iprimus ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-09-20 12:13:46

surely you would need four NICs, since a bridge should not have any IP
addresses on either of it's interfaces.

external network plugging into Bridge external interface
Bridge internal interface
with a patch cable into:
router external interface
and the last NIC being the internal interface for the router.

I would use OpenBSD for this rather than freebsd, personal preference.

Whether or not the system will run with the bridge and router being on the
same system is a different matter.

Also will make your IPfilter ruleset a lot bigger

My experience of that setup has been with two seperate systems

Andy