List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: (correction) ftp does not work (was: ftp from behind firewall to internet works on XP not on Fre
From:       Per Hedeland <per+ipfilter () bluetail ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 18:23:23

Phil Dibowitz <webmaster@ipom.com> wrote:
>Just my opinion here but:
>1. I think it's awesome you wrote a fast hack to help solve a problem, and given
>your comments, I don't think you'll take offence to numbers 2 and 3.

No problem.:-)

>2. I don't think the fast hack should be merged into the source. As you point
>out there's better ways of doing it.

Well, it has to be done basically the way I did it, it's rather that I
feel what I did is a bit incomplete. Then again, what software isn't?:-)
But I actually feel that the volume of discussion is getting somewhat out
of proportion to this quite minor issue (both problem and patch)...

--Per Hedeland
per@bluetail.com