List:       ipfilter
Subject:    rdr misdirection
From:       Graham Gillies <graham () bit-rot ! net>
Date:       2002-03-27 21:08:13

Good Day All,

I've a question about rdr rules and routing tables.

I have redirect rules on interface A connected to the internet
through service provider A. Any traffic caught by the redirect goes
to the appropriate internal host but packets coming back from this
internal host attempt to leave on another internet interface, B,
through provider B. There is a default route to direct most traffic
through interface B.

Is this normal behavior that I'll have to work around in some way.
Or is this a problem with the older version of ipfilter I'm using,
3.3.13?

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks