List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: nmap kills Solaris 8 with ipf 3.4.22!
From:       Kevin Sindhu <kevin () tgivan ! com>
Date:       2001-12-30 22:58:09

Moin Darren!
 Darren Reed schrieb am Montag, den 31. Dezember 2001:

> >    I did the same tests this morning after upgrading to 3.4.22 on
> >    my Ultra 5.  Same result (hang, "stop a" no work) on a
> >    completely quiet box; no window manager running or anything
> >    else.  The hang is pretty much instantaneous. The nmap command
> >    works fine when I have 3.4.20 installed on the Ultra.

> I can't reproduce this with 3.4-current.  The only problem I have is
> that nmap pauses for inordinate amounts of time.

Not to mention, you also posted a patch for IPFilter 3.4.22 for
solaris. Either way, can this be reproduced by re-compiling IPFilter
with that patch and seeing if it happens again? (I know the patch was
for IPFilter booting problems on solaris's...especially Netra's...)

Just my 2 cents...

Rgds,

-Kevin