List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Re: UPDATE: Redirected FTP not working anymore and what's port 5376
From:       Thomas Leitner <tom () radar ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-09-22 17:11:21

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Darren Reed wrote:

> Ok, I just got to the bottom of this.
>
> "proxy port ftp ftp/tcp" implies a "port = 21" check in the rule.
> That last stanza isn't really that clear, either, which is my fault.
> Ideally it should be something like:
> proxy ftp/tcp port ftp (with an implied '=' between 'port' and 'ftp').
>
> Due to fields in the structure being overloaded, the "port = 21"
> gets clobbered with the result of parsing the proxy section.

Thanks a lot Darren. This solves the mystery. I've removed the "port = 21"
part and all is well now! The question remains as to why it only affected
Solaris/x86 and not Solaris/Sparc.

Thanks again // Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom@radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://www.radar.tugraz.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net