List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] How to setup the MS-windows update roles
From:       muiz  <muiz () 163 ! com>
Date:       2016-05-31 9:10:53

Dear all,
  Thanks for your reply. Below is my detail information:
  I want to let computers in Green network can download updates from Microsoft \
websites, and cannot access other websites.  I reference to \
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693717.aspx page.
  1. Disabled the network access for all PCs in Firewall -> Firewall Rules screen and \
it works.  2. Enable Proxy and Redirectors:  Service -> Proxy page and it works.
      The client PC in Green network can access website after setup the proxy \
settings.   Windows can download the update files.
  3. Service -> URL Filter screen,
      3.1 enable URL filter;
      3.2 enable Custom whitelist;
      3.3 Add the following website to Allowed domains list.
                     windowsupdate.microsoft.com
                    *.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
                    *.update.microsoft.com
                    *.windowsupdate.com
                    download.windowsupdate.com
                    download.microsoft.com
                    *.download.windowsupdate.com
                    test.stats.update.microsoft.com
                    ntservicepack.microsoft.com
                   54.69.147.146
                   125.56.199.137
                   ... a lot of IPs ...

      3.4 Save and restart
     Windows cannot download the update files. But can open the Allowed domains.

     Any suggestion?

Thanks and best regards,
Muiz