List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] Building from source....
From:       David Sims <dpsims () dpsims ! com>
Date:       2016-01-01 17:50:47

Hi all,

  Some few questions have arisen from my efforts to build IPCop 2.0.8 from
sources:

1) Some of the files at './make.sh prefetch' have either changed (have
different MD5) or are failing to fetch... I have manually downloaded files
with matching MD5 (to the one in the DL script) or if no other choice
adjusted the MD5 in the download script to match the available file. This
was the case for around 12-14 files.... I am wondering why the maintainers
do not just save the files in /cache at the time of a release to
sourceforge as part of the snapshot?? It would make for a large download,
but it would eliminate this problem... Perhaps a release revision with the
cache files in svn followed immediately by a release revision without the
cache files....

2) I am building on Ubuntu 14.04.3... Using a pre-built toolchain, when
you get to stage2, it fails.... In the stage2 script (/lfs/stage2) at 117
lines into the file, there is

"grep '^\/dev.* / ' /proc/mounts >/etc/mtab"

If I comment this line out, it no longer fails.... Anyone have aany idea
why?? Or what effect commenting this line out will have on the result??

3) If I wanted to actually build the toolchain as well, are the version
requirements at:

<https://sourceforge.net/p/ipcop/wiki/HowTo%20build/>

minimum requuirements or are they actual specific versions that are
required??

BTW, it seems to be building ok with the above caveats on Ubuntu 14.04.3
running on 8 xeon cores...

Thanks,

Dave