List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] Configuring WLAN-AP with WDS?
From:       Tom Gamble <tom () danbyhouse ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-02-07 11:01:41

Hi,

	I am attempting to set up a wired LAN to Wireless  bridge that will work with IPCop. \
I'm using v2.0.6 with the Wlan-AP addon.

	I have a number of devices on my wireless LAN such as a Printer and Apple TV and of \
course my Smart Phone.  I would like to add some Sonos Zone Players to the Wireless \
LAN.  However these devices only have Wired connections.  An App on the smart Phone \
is used to control the Sonos devices  and it has to be on the same subnet as the \
Sonos Zone Players.  Easy I and thought,   I could build a Wireless to Wired Bridge \
using a Raspberry Pi.  However,  is seems that you can't create a bridge using the \
Raspberry Pi Wireless dongle in Managed Mode.  The Wireless device has to be in \
Access Point Mode.

	It seem that It may be possible if I use WDS but I can't see if WLAN-AP has a WDS \
capability.

	Is there any documentation on setting up WDS with WLAN-AP?

Regards,
Tom.