List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Strange cpu usage buildup
From:       "Administrator" <admin () different-perspectives ! com>
Date:       2012-11-12 20:29:31

> month old).
> (2.0.6) IPCop version.
> traffic shaping on.

> CRON server 	2092 kB	RUNNING
> DHCP Server 	1996 kB	RUNNING
> DNS proxy server 	1996 kB	RUNNING
> IPsec 	 	STOPPED
> Logging server 	5784 kB	RUNNING
> NTP Server 	4296 kB	RUNNING
> OpenVPN Server 	 	STOPPED
> Secure shell server 	 	STOPPED
> Web proxy 	294740 kB	RUNNING
> Web server 	6092 kB	RUNNING
>

> USER       PID  PPID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TT       STAT  STARTED
> TIME COMMAND
> root      1853     1  0.0  0.0   7272   100 ?        Ss     Oct 23
> 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/squid -s
> squid     1857  1853  0.9 21.3 294740 165788 ?       Sl     Oct 23
> 04:14:18\_ (squid) -s
> squid     1860  1857  0.0  0.0   3280    32 ?        S      Oct 23
> 00:00:00\_ (unlinkd)
>
> What is the defined size for the proxy cache?
>
> Even if you have a 60 GB disk, the limit of the proxy cache size is in the
> required memory to keep the list of cached objects in memory.
>
> I would suggest you try with a smaller proxy cache size.

Thanks Giles,

Should I reduce the memory cache size or the disk cache size?  Both are set at
256M (with 768M memory total).

Thanks
David

p.s. any idea why the CPU usage & disk access drops back to 0 at midnight?  Is
there a cleanup I could run more regularly (e.g. every 3 hours) to keep the
CPU usage & disk access to normal limits?