List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] IPCOP - iptables block TCP ports by time of day
From:       "Dylan Haines" <dylanh () hb-studios ! com>
Date:       2011-12-09 17:57:13

-----Original Message-----
From: G.W. Haywood [mailto:ged@jubileegroup.co.uk]
Sent: December-03-11 12:03 PM
To: ipcop-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi there,

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 Dylan Haines wrote:

> I have been playing around with these rules to block Steam during
> work hours for example, with no luck:
>
> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 0.0.0.0/0 --dport 27014:27030 -m time \
> --timestart 08:15 --timestop 18:30 --days Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri -j DROP

The INPUT rules deal with packets destined for the IPCop box itself.
Packets which go through it to reach other machines are dealt with
by the FORWARD and CUSTOMFORWARD rules.

Try -A FORWARD or (perhaps better) -A CUSTOMFORWARD instead.

--

73,
Ged.

That did the trick, thanks :-)

Forgot about how you need customforward for internal traffic.

This is what works for me on IPCOP:

/sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMFORWARD -p tcp -d 0.0.0.0/0 --dport 27014:27030 -m
time --timestart 08:15 --timestop 18:00 --days Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri -j DROP

Dylan Haines
Systems Technical Support Manager

HB Studios Multimedia Ltd.
Box 725, The Hive