List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Using Virtualbox OSE
From:       Michael <milegrin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-08 20:42:17

Hi

Virtualbox OSE is a pain - rather download it from their site
directly.  The OSE version does not have a bunch of their propietry
code where as teh download version is way easier to use and works
pretty much out the box.

As you IPcop as a VM (Virtual Machine), that is what VirtualBox was
built for.  Simply create a virtual disk and install it there in
Virtualbox and you can play to your hearts content.  A word of warning
- disable the DHCP server if you are on a network or your network
admins will hunt you down with pitch forks :)

R e g a r d s
M i c h a e l=A0 L=A0 G r i f f i n

He who play in root,
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=A0 eventually kill tree.

On 8 December 2011 19:37, Bill and Anne Pritchard <wdnp2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am using Virtualbox OSE on a Ubuntu 10.04 host. I want to try out ipcop=
 as a virtual system.=A0 Ipcop issues a warning that all partitions will be=
 erased but I do not want to lose my host.
> Is it safe to boot IPcop?
> Please advise,
> William
-----
> Cloud Services Checklist: Pricing and Packaging Optimization
> This white paper is intended to serve as a reference, checklist and point=
 of
> discussion for anyone considering optimizing the pricing and packaging mo=
del
> of a cloud services business. Read Now!

---

http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51491232/