List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] So, how *do* you block IP's or IP networks...
From:       Jon Trulson <jon () radscan ! com>
Date:       2011-12-01 3:23:34

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Jon Trulson wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, G.W. Haywood wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>

> Hello,
>
>> On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 Jon Trulson wrote:
>>
>>> ... blocking specific IP's or IP ranges that were 'troublesome'
>>> ... How do I accomplish this in v2?
>>
>> Here's a sort of 'roll your own' solution, the kind that I prefer.

[...]
> I think I've managed to get a similiar result by creating a new
> 'banned' address group containing the IP's/networks to ban, a service
> group that encompasses all ports in UDP/TCP, and then using them
> together in a DENY rule attached to external IPCop access section in
> FW rules.

Yeah - no.  That didn't work at all :)

However, it was pretty simple to 'roll my own' as it were.  I just
wrote a small shell script that issued the appropriate iptables
commands for CUSTOMINPUT, CUSTOMFORWARD, and CUSTOMOUTPUT based on a
text file containing IP's and IP ranges (CIDR).

This works very well :)

--
Jon Trulson

"The truth points to itself."  -- Kosh