List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] [2.0] release of v1.9.20, SVN #5823
From:       Robert Ladyman <it () file-away ! co ! uk>
Date:       2011-08-29 8:59:28

For those of you wanting to test in a virtualised environment with VirtualBox
who have yet to puzzle out how (it took me quite a while), my suggestions
are:-

In Virtualbox settings, create a (File-Preferences then Network), create a new
Host-only Network (e.g. vboxnet1) and give it an IP address (e.g.
192.168.99.254 if you are going to have IPCOP on 192.168.99.1). Switch off
DHCP for that network. This will be the internal 'fake' network that all your
machines will use (and pick up DHCP address from the IPCOP connected to that
network).

For the IPCOP box, have two adaptors (ideally with different hardware so that
you can identify them), the internal one should be 'host-only' with the
appropriate network (e.g. 'vboxnet1') created above. The external one can be
NAT, bridged or whatever: you'll probably want bridged so that you can get an
'external' address that is available to other machines not within the IPCOP's
network (i.e. as if accessing IPCOP from the red adaptor).

> Great news !!! Thanks for all this good work !!!
>
> Le 21/08/2011 19:28, Olaf a écrit :
> > Dear all,
> >

> > the v1.9.20 installation files for testing IPCop on x86 machines are
> > available for download on SourceForge:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipcop/files/IPCop%20Test%20Versions/IPCop
> >%201.9.20
> >
> > For those currently running 1.9.19, an update is possible via the IPCop
> > GUI.
> >

> > v1.9.20 is the first release candidate for v2.0.0, upgrades will be
> > possible using the upgrade procedure.
> > Currently known to not work is usb-modeswitch.
> > Please read the release-notes below for more information.
> >

> > Happy testing ...
> >
> > Olaf
> >

> > ===================================
> >
> > IPCop 1.9.20 is released
> >
> > v1.9.20 is v2.0.0 release candidate 1.
> > The next version will be either v1.9.21 or v2.0.0 depending on the
> > number of modifications in the next 4-6 weeks.
> >
> > Installation files for a new install and upgrade files for 1.9.18
> > are available.
> > You need to reboot to use the new kernel after upgrading to 1.9.20.
> > Due to a change in the naming of logfile archives, browsing through
> > archived logs created before you upgrade, is not possible.
> >

> > If you want to help, you can do so by testing and reporting any issues
> > you should find. Reports should go to the ipcop-devel mailing list.
> > Make sure that reports are verbose! also specify the exact version you
> > have been testing, either 1.9.20 or SVN version number if you are
> > building IPCop by yourself.
> > A simple "xyz does not work" will get you nowhere! and is more than
> > likely to be ignored.
> >

> > For those familiar with earlier IPCop versions, IPCop v2 is different.
> >
> > Noteworthy:
> > - the GUI uses 8443 instead of 445.
> > - SSH uses 8022 instead of 222.
> > - access to IPCop and to the internet from internal networks (aka
> > Green, Blue, Orange) is very much different. Spend some time with the
> > various options you will find under "Firewall Settings" and the online
> > admin manual.
> > - Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian,
> > Latino-American Spanish,
> > Russian, Spanish and Turkish translations are complete,
> > other languages are work in progress.
> > - backups from 1.4-series can not be used.
> >

> > Online English installation manual:
> > http://www.ipcop.org/2.0.0/en/install/html
> > Online German installation manual:
> > http://www.ipcop.org/2.0.0/de/install/html
> > The installation manuals are 'work in progress' and not yet complete.
> >
> > Online English admin manual: http://www.ipcop.org/2.0.0/en/admin/html
> > Online German admin manual: http://www.ipcop.org/2.0.0/de/admin/html
> >

> > Updates
> > f59f323d4d4a8a2d6c2f4a19fa9720f0  ipcop-1.9.20-update.i486.tgz.gpg
> >
> > Installation
> > d5a1562bbebf751ba72281a72055f8a6  ipcop-1.9.20-install-cd.i486.iso
> [...]

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre, Newtyle, Blairgowrie
Perthshire  PH12 8TL SCOTLAND
Tel: +44 (0) 1828 898 158
Mobile: +44 (0) 7732 771 649
http://www.file-away.co.uk

Registered Office: 32 Church Street, Newtyle, Blairgowrie
Perthshire, PH12 8TZ SCOTLAND