List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Incompatibility between BitTorrent and IpCop ?
From:       "Administrator" <admin () different-perspectives ! com>
Date:       2011-08-15 19:22:59

> > How many open TCP/IP connections?
>
> Whenever I have tried to access the Connection page while running Ktorrent
> the
> network has gone down before the page finished loading.
> So I tried running a looping script that wc -l /proc/net/ip_conntrack and
> the
> last value before the network crashed was 359, while the max I saw was
> 416.
>
> This after I had dredged by spares bits and increased the ram on the box
> from
> 256 Mb to 320 Mb, and applied the modifications you suggested.

Could I also suggest that you change the BitTorrent client to limit the
number of simultaneous connections to, say, 256 or 128.  That should be
plenty for most normal download & uploads, unless you are connected to a
super-fast super-capacity link to the internet ;-)

I normally limit connections to 64 and have never had a problem with
BitTorrent.

David