List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Add-on for access to certain websites
From:       "Angus Scott-Fleming" <angussf () geoapps ! com>
Date:       2007-10-25 23:20:50

(*&^%*&%*&(^ REPLY-TO settings on the list bit me again.

From:           	"Angus Scott-Fleming" <angussf@geoapps.com>
To:             	"Stephen Jordaan" <Stephen@ctscomputers.co.za>
Date sent:      	Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:46:46 -0700
Subject:        	Re: [IPCop-user] Add-on for access to certain websites

On 24 Oct 2007 at 10:20, Stephen Jordaan  wrote:

> I'm currently using IPCOP 1.4.16.
>
> I'm looking for an add-on that will allow only a select group of
> users (auditors) access to Mcafee Updates website. And no other
> access to the web. But our accounts people still need full access to
> the internet.

I have a client where the back office has full access but the POS
(Point-of- Sale) terminals can only see the weather service and a few
other sites, plus update sites for McAfee, Spybot Search & Destroy,
and so forth.  We're doing this with the ADVproxy and URLfilter
add-ons.  You'll need to have static IPs (you can use DHCP if you
assign IPs based on MAC address) internally as the URL filtering is
done based on internal IP address.

Get them here:
    Advanced Proxy add-on for IPCop and SmoothWall
    http://www.advproxy.net/faq.html

HTH

Angus

--