List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] R:  Strange DHCP problem (RED Interface)
From:       "Bruno Ferri" <bruno () queiragazzi ! com>
Date:       2007-08-30 18:25:31

If I'm not wrong, when there's a cross/straight mismatch issue, NIC's led shouldn't \
even light up and the card stays disconnected, even though it happened to me a couple \
of times they lit up but without being able to carry any traffic.

It could be a VLAN tagged vs untagged port issue too.. Your 9p switch may be \
VLAN-aware and support the possibly tagged uplink port from your backbone, your \
notebook NIC could be vlan aware too, even if those NICs are used to be found on \
mid/high-end servers.

A bit unlikely, but who knows.