List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] Consistent access to Windows shares on the Blue zone
From:       "John Brennan" <brennan2004 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-26 23:54:45

The only way I know of accessing the shared resources of a computer on the
Blue zone from the Green is to enter the ip address of the blue zone
computer in the form of  \\12.34.56.789\  into the Run command line. But
what determines the success of this operation? Sometimes I succeed and
sometimes I don’t. In the case where the computer does not respond to the
above command, I can still successfully ping the IP from the Green, and if I
move over and join the Blue zone the computer opens up without any problem.
As a further test, I have also tried another computer on the green zone, but
the result was the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John