List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] NO Proxy on BLUE...further info....
From:       "Systems Administrator" <sysadmin () nwfx ! com>
Date:       2007-05-28 22:47:02

It looks as though the web interface for Proxy does not actually write
out 'Blue Transparent' to the Squid rules, or Blue is disallowed from
transparent proxy somewhere else in the configs.

The file /var/ipcop/proxy/setrtings shows the following:
Blue Net Transparent is clearly set to on, which reflects the web
interface selection.

TRANSPARENT_BLUE=on
ENABLE_BLUE=on
MAX_OUTGOING_SIZE=0
EXTENSION_METHODS=
TRANSPARENT=on
NO_PROXY_LOCAL=off
MIN_SIZE=0
CACHE_SIZE=100
ENABLE=on
NO_PROXY_EXTEND=
UPSTREAM_USER=
PROXY_PORT=800
VALID=yes
MAX_INCOMING_SIZE=0
UPSTREAM_PASSWORD=
UPSTREAM_PROXY=
LOGGING=on
MAX_SIZE=8192

However, the active squid.conf file shows the following: http_port
192.168.3.1:800 transparent http_port 192.168.1.4:800

So it appears TRANSPARENT is not being added to the Squid.conf by the
settings and ACL file....unless I've missed something.

I've deselected the Transparent Blue option, restarted proxy, then
re-selected the option and restarted again...no change to the above.

Steve