List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Choice of modem
From:       "Doric News" <doricnews () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2007-03-31 8:29:00

In article <006701c772f9$c856bfa0$1b9da8c0@avon>,
admin@different-perspectives.com (Administrator) wrote:

<snip>

> > Any suggestions for a reliable modem would be appreciated.
>
> I've always used the cheap Connexant chipset modems such as
> http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/DYNMOD05
>
> They've always been reliable for me (touch wood).
>
> David

Thanks David.   I was unaware that a PCI card with an adsl modem on it
existed.   Ideally, such a PCI modem card would be in the IPcop box, but
from the specification of the card on the web it requires some form of
windows to operate.   This seems to me to rule out the idea of putting
the card in the IPcop box?

Brian