List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] Fwd: STLab USB Ethernet
From:       "Juha Koponen" <juha.koponen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-28 10:41:29

Hello,

As I am very green with Linux but want to set IPCop 1.4.15 to use 4 NIC's in
my IPCop laptop (one is internal, 2 are pcmcia nic's and 4th one is STLabs
USB Ethernet dongle). Problem is that I can not get it working. I have heard
that driver needs to be compiled and therefore I need some assistance to
compile the needed driver for it.

I have tried to install gcc 3.3.3 on the box but no success… does it need
kernel as well? Where to get it?

Or if there is another way to start to use usbnet driver (is included with
Ipcop) which is not loading at the moment…

STLAbs is based on msc7830 chip. If usbnet is not working I need to get *
mcs7830.ko* file for IPCOP 1.4.15 but problem is how to create it...

 Best Regards

Juha