List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] Problem with Port forwarding
From:       "Matthew S. Barnes" <msb () ichp ! ufl ! edu>
Date:       2005-04-28 14:21:28

Hi Folks I was hoping thatI could get some hints on a problem I am having
with IPCOP and Port forwarding

IPCOP 1.4.5
Red =Public IP with aliases(10)
Orange= 192.168.200.1 DMZ with about 5 boxes behind it
Green= 192.168.100.1 Lan with about 5 boxes behind it

We are trying to forward random high ports(1024-5000)on a red alias(.abc) to
Orange (.abc)
And the firewall logs show that it is being blocked
RED xxx.xxx.xxx.123 ports 1024-5000 >>>> Orange 192.168.200.123 port 80

We have several other port forwards that are straight one to one Alias(.xyz)
port 80 to Orange(.xyz) port 80 and they all work fine. I have tried several
things to get the ports to forward but they all have come up short. I have
read the manuals and believe I am doing it correctly but im beginning to
doubt myself. We had this working on 1.3.0 but couldn't get it to work on
1.4.4 or 1.4.5
If I have left off some critical piece of info  please yell and I will add
more. I also would like to add that im a newbie so I could have overlooked
something obvious and if that's the case I apologize in advance!

VR/MSB

Matthew S Barnes (FTC/SS/DV)
Network Administrator
Institute for Child Health Policy