List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] SSH problem (was: Add on server)
From:       Rainer Zocholl <UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- () zocki ! toppoint ! de>
Date:       2005-04-27 22:14:00

christiaan.theron@virgin.net(christiaan)  27.04.05 01:05

>I have studied the Readme and Quick start files for hours and I have
>mailed the SSH list with my query and still I cannot get Winscp to
>function with my XP box.  I am sure there is something I am missing.
>Therefore I hope you wont mind answering my query.

a) the standard ssh port is 22, the ssh port on IPcop is 222.
b) when you install winscp, you are asked is "advanced option mode"
   should be enabled. I know that wish to enable it.
c) When you create a new session, make sure to enter port 222!

>My SSH server is on an XP box behind IPCOP firewall.

>I can login into the firewall seamlessly from Winscp.
>However I cannot login to the XP box.

You need to "forward" the ssh port of your XP box.
I assume you have installed an ssh server on the XP box?
WinSCP is NO ssh server!

>I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Usually it is of BIG use if you always post the EXACT error messages
you see.
a) Other with the same problem will at least find your question
b) Other who may help you do not have to "suggest" what might have happend.

>I wish to eliminate the mkpasswd file creation.

>Could you please check it to see if it is wrong in any way?
>I enter
>mkpasswd -l -u chris >> ..\etc\passwd.
>A file (passwd)has now appeared in the etc folder
>but I am unable to connect.

Where, what error measage?

Too it would be nice if you document the exact toolsnkl. cersions
you use.

Rainer

Why is that called "add on server" ?
I would call ist "ssh problem"