List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    [IPCop-user] Problems with DNS in RC1
From:       Chris Foster <masteryoda305 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-08-30 18:17:02

Last week i upgraded from IPCop 1.4b9 to IPCop 1.4RC1. SInce then,
i've been experenceing  a loss in DNS services for some, but not all,
domains.

Dig says that the domain has a A record, but Squid and other computers
report "No route to host."

This is happening to well known sites that I know are up and running
when using other connections then my SBC DSL.  This problem was not
occuring with beta9, which is why I don't think its the ISP's problem.

The problem occurs regardless of using Squid. I have not had the
chance to upgrade to RC2, but I've read on the list that there have
been no changes to dnsmasq between RC1 and RC2.

Has anybody else experenced this?

Thanks.