List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Lose Web gui access after inital access or installing patch updates
From:       "Ken Robertson" <ipcop () kenrobertson ! com>
Date:       2004-01-31 12:42:01

[Reformatted for bottom posting]

<widemolay@hotmail.com>,ipcop-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>> Subject: Re: [IPCop-user] Lose Web gui access after inital access or
>> installing patch updates
>> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:36:09 +1100
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 3:09 PM,
>> Ed Frank <widemolay@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I have been using IPCOP for awhile now but have run into an issue
>>> with losing access to the web interface after the intial connection
>>> with it.
>>>
>>> My specs are:
>>>
>>> IPCOP 1.3.0
>>> P166 MHZ
>>> 128MB RAM
>>> 4 GB HD
>>> Using WinXP w/ IE 6 to connect to the web gui.
>>> Green+Orange+Red Configuration  on Cable Modem
>>>

>>> I have noticed errors in the server log in the httpd folder
>>> regarding the cgi files which i assume are for the web gui.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else encountered this issue?  And what needs to be done?
>>> I will expand on this issue promptly.  Thanks for your time.
>>
>> G'day Ed
>> What were the errors in the server log?
>> --
>> Regards
>> Ken

> I have since reloaded IPCOP and the error in var/logs/httpd/ are now
> gone. But i cannot access the web gui.  Why is the IPCOP machine
> denying my web requests? is it because of ssl, certificates, browser
> settings...  I'm not sure.. thank you in advance for helping a noob.
> :-)
>
> Ed

G'day Ed,
If your software is behaving different to everyone else's, maybe it is
different.  Have you checked the md5 checksum for the iso and each of
the patches?

Your last comment was that you reloaded IPCop.  Could you access the web
pages after the install? (On port _81_)  Are you accessing by name or
number?  What errors do you get in the browser?  What entries in the
logs:
/var/log/httpd/access_log
/var/log/httpd/error_log
or even
/var/log/messages
?
--
Regards
Ken

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand