List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] IP-COP in Datacenter, need your advice
From:       "care free" <care_free () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 22:14:05

>From: Russ Johnson <russj@dimstar.net>
>To: IPCop-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [IPCop-user] IP-COP in Datacenter, need your advice
>Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:32:02 -0800
>
>Michael Handiboe wrote:
>
>>I've had this experience.  Make sure you are using quality NICs.
>>D-Link / RTL8139 types 'work', but they seem to be the issue.
>>But I'm not certain about that, either.
>>
>>By quality NIC, I mean 3COM or Intel, both 'server' class.

I have had problem with configuring Intel nix in a multiple nix boxes.
Intel nix don't mix well with other nix.  I know that 3Com are reliable.  I
began using Intel recently.  By themselves, they are really good on
workstations, but when I mix them with 3Com, they don't operate properly and
screw up other nix settings.