List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] Route from green to red addresses w/o running an internal dns?
From:       stinga <stinga () wolf-rock ! com>
Date:       2002-08-30 22:38:14

G'day Tony,

No it does not work, and I am not sure why.
I have been meaning to investigate and write a bit in the FAQ with the
reason.

I am not sure if it is a kernel issue or a security issue.

A simple solution is to add the internal ip address and fqdn to the
hosts file on IPCOP.
That way www.green.com resolves to the internal ip address.

You need to bounce dnrd if you do this as dnrd only reads and caches
/etc/hosts at start time.

  --
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@wolf-rock.com      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\