List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-user] \\192.168.2.2\C$
From:       "Ray Miller" <ray () rmns ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-08-29 22:54:22

> At 10:31 AM 29/08/2002, Lindsay Yardley wrote:
>
> \\192.168.2.2\c$ - that means that you are trying to access the default,
> hidden share for a c drive. NetBEUI is not routable and is not
> supported, without samba, on a linux box.

not netbeui but netbios?

I suspect that if the original user were to add pinholes on 137-139 and
445, he could do what he wants. Of course he'd need to set up proper
shares etc, and file and print sharing etc, but that's not in scope for
this list. I don't think a wins server is needed but again I might be
wrong.
I have everything behind ipcop in network neighbourhood and no wins
server and it all works OK.

Ray