List:       ipcop-user
Subject:    RE: [IPCop-user] VNC on ORANGE NIC?
From:       "Dave Roberts" <dave () czcnet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-08-29 8:30:41

GREEN NIC? Is it possible? Is it safe (well, as safe as anything)?

> Thanks
> Mick

Have you tried it?  My guess is that it should just work as Orange is
fully accessible from Green as long as the connection is initiated from
a machine on  Green.

Is it safe?  Well, your Green network should be safe if the firewall is
intact.  Your Orange network should be safe if your firewall and the
machines on Orange are intact.  If your firewall is compromised it is
game over anyway.  You could try to run VNC over SSH or try to restrict
access based on source IP.

HTH

Dave