List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-devel] IPCOP 1.93
From:       Andrew Crawford <ac011d0490 () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-09-12 15:38:06

David W Studeman wrote:
> Andrew Crawford wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am currently compiling the SVN for 1.93 but i just wondered is it
>> possible to add additional drivers to the source before making a iso?
>> just means i can add my wireless card to it
>>

> Do you really need to? The 2.6.25 kernel has a LOT of wireless
> drivers. Also, since it is pre alpha, don't expose it to the open
> wild. Also, how do you plan to use this wireless card and what type of
> wireless card do you really mean? 802.11? Cellular Data (3G etc)? The
> 2.6.25 kernel in this build is very fat with both.
>

> Dave
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 080912-0, 12/09/2008
> Tested on: 12/09/2008 16:36:34

Yip it is one of the acx111 cards unfortnally i do not havea choice in
that matter :(

I would be using the wlan addon to control the card for access point. If
it goign to come naturally with ipcop 2 i will wait other wish i will
need to learn how ot compile with additonal drivers

--
Thank you

Andrew Crawford

If you can not read wha ti have wrote please do not blame me i am dsylexic and i can not help it.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080912-0, 12/09/2008
Tested on: 12/09/2008 16:38:07