List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    [IPCop-devel] FTP'ing from rpmfind.net causes my connection to stop working
From:       "JJ" <jungle_jim () icon ! co ! za>
Date:       2005-03-31 19:23:02

Hi all,

I've got a strange one here. I'm still dialling in via a normal V90 modem as
I live in Africa. I have green and red (modem). When I try to download
something from ftp://rpmfind.net on a Linux box using Konqueror 3.1.1, my
connection stops working. What I mean by stops working is that I cannot
access any websites from any of my machines (Win XP, Win 98 and Suse 8.2)
including the IPCop machine. The physical connection between the modems
seems fine  - pick up the modem and it's still online - I even waited a long
while and the connection was not terminated - BUT I can no longer use it and
have to disconnect and re-connect. I know my way around a Linux box but not
nearly enough to pin point this problem. I have had my window's boxes cause
this too and the only pattern I think I found is FTP but I'm not 100% sure..
Any ideas or where I can start looking /debugging?

Regards,

jj