List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    [IPCop-devel] [ ipcop-Bugs-1173454 ] ypasswdd running on port 21?
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-03-30 16:37:49

Bugs item #1173454, was opened at 2005-03-30 10:37
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=428516&aid=1173454&group_id=40604

Category: General
Group: 1.4.4

Initial Comment:
I have installed IPCop v1.4.4 and removed any external
access ports and forwarding ports and had my system
scanned by GRC.com which showed nothing opened.  I
then ran GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner from
my work PC and had it run though the default port scan
and it found only port 21 is open.  It also has a entry
listed under service vulnerabilities for RPC.ypasswdd
service.  I then tried a telnet to my home IP address on
port 21 and something answered but don't know what.
Anyone have any ideas on what this is or why it is there?