List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-devel] Today's CVS
From:       Darren Critchley <darren () kdi ! ca>
Date:       2003-08-25 19:07:19

Mark Wormgoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Is anyone else having a problem with today's CVS generating the
>> miscellaneous binaries?
>>
>> Seems to be a problem with the new unpriv_system command.
>>
>> /tmp/ccohzObN.o(.text+0xc5): undefined reference to `unpriv_system'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [restartssh] Error 1
>
> Yes, the old build scripts built another iowrap under src/misc-progs/
> in the source dir instead of under the build-dir.  The setuid.o there
> was never cleaned up. You need to manually remove
> src/misc-progs/setuid.o under your source dir.

Darn, something that simple! I have been puzzling with it for the last hour.
Double checking that things are where they should be, it never occurred to
check for a copy of setuid.o that was old.
Mind you, I thought make always recompiled when there is a source change,
and the setuid.c had definitely changed.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Darren