List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    [IPCop-devel] Re: [IPCop-user] Re: Welcome to the "IPCop-user" mailing list (Digest mode) (fwd)
From:       Arnt Karlsen <arnt () c2i ! net>
Date:       2003-08-22 22:15:50

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:59:53 +0100 (BST),
Ged Haywood <ged@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk> wrote in message
<Pine.LNX.4.21.0308221956440.25093-100000@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>:

> Hi all,
>
> First post.
>
> Two questions.
>
> 1. Where can I find the .config that was used to compile the 2.4.21
>    kernel now used in IPCop?

..do a cvs co or grab a tarballed cvs snapshot and look into
it for './ipcop-$version/config/kernel/kernel.config'.

> 2. I need to compile modules for wireless networking which aren't in
> the   IPCop distribution.  Has the IPCop kernel (or any of the
> modules) been   patched?  I'd like to use the plain vanilla 2.4.21
> kernel source if   possible (so that I know where I started from :).

..I believe so, do a cvs co run the kernel build part of the ipcop
make script, and the ipcop tree diff against a vanilla tree.

..and in my last post I ofcourse forgot to mention the freeswan
patch and the './ipcop-$version/src/FILES' listing, 'tail' it.

..you should then wind up with something similar to
'./ipcop-$version/config/kernel/pom-20030107-pptp.patch,
and, there is a wee development in both pom and poptop
since April, so I cc.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: