List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    Re: [IPCop-devel] translations
From:       Harry Goldschmitt <harry () hgac ! com>
Date:       2002-10-29 22:05:48

Hi Martin,

I'm coordinating the translators for IPCop.

You're on the right track.  The two files you've mentioned are the
ones needed for the run time.

There are two other portions that need to be translated, too.  These
are the manuals.  They are in the IPCopDoc sub-directory in CVS.  The
manuals are in DocBook format.  DocBook allows you to output directly
to PDF, HTML and HTMLHelp, among many other formats.

Eventually, we will need to write and translate the HTMLHelp files,
too.  At this point, there are copyright problems with the old
Smoothwall ones, so we're not distributing them.

The manuals are a big enough project that other translators have
worked in teams to get them done.

Unfortunately, you've volunteered a few weeks too late for the 0.1.2
release.  The developers have decided not to add any more languages
than we already have for this release.  However, there may be a 0.1.3
release, and there's always 0.2.0.

If you or anyone else is interested in the translation effort, please
contact me.

Thanks,

Harry Goldschmitt