List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    [IPCop-devel] Build problems..
From:       "Phil M" <philm () iname ! com>
Date:       2002-10-13 20:17:58

OK, so I'm trying to build the latest CVS snapshot of 0.1.2 beta whatever..
I grabbed the latest snapshot and extracted.. Followed the directions on the
ipcop.org site under build howto.. I copied many of the files from the
RedHat 7.2 distro so I wouldnt have to download them all.. ftp.redhat.com
throughput is about 6kb/sec even on broadband.
ANYway.  I get to the script where it says that it is extracting the RPMs
to the root directory and then there is a log entry that says something
about
"read manifest failed: Success".. I tried manually typing the rpm command
and I can verify that maybe 2 or 3 of the files actually worked (the
basesystem rpm,
the glibc rpm) the rest give this error.. I searched google without much
success.
I tried different versions of rpm.  4.0.1 gives a segmentation fault.
4.0.2, 4.0.3
and 4.0.4 give the same errors.. 4.1 gives a different error, but same basic
failure; something like "this does not appear to be an rpm manifest" or
similar.
I am running this on Mandrake 8.1 as root, plenty of disk space left.  I
have
verified that the files are exactly identical to the CD-ROM version of the
file
as well as re-downloading a few and they are also identical.
So, WTF is wrong with rpm?  Does it need some updated library or something?
I am currently attempting to build 0.1.1 to see if the outcome is any
different,
but I am pretty sure it won't be.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,