List:       ipcop-devel
Subject:    [IPCop-devel] Re: [IPCop-user] Install won't detect NIC's
From:       Richard Lynch <ceo () l-i-e ! com>
Date:       2001-12-29 23:10:34

>Workaround is to use manual detection, go to console 3 (ALT+F3) before
>attempting to load the driver and type:
>insmod 8390
>
>Then go back to the setup (ALT+F1) and try to load the driver again.

Could the FAQ/Documentation team get some description of these secret
keys and what they're useful for during installation into the docs?...

I'm sure it's standard Un*x knowledge, but I'm betting a lot of
people installing IPCop for the first time won't know it, or won't
think of it as a debugging tool...
--
WARNING richard@zend.com email address is an endangered species
Use ceo@l-i-e.com instead