List:       ipchains-list
Subject:    Re: [IPChains]  ftp problem with redhat 7.2, please help me
From:       Jerry Gregory <Jerry.Gregory () udlp ! com>
Date:       2002-06-19 13:35:40

My suggestion is to move to iptables if you are using RedHat 7.2.  It
has improved features over ipchains, namely stateful packet management.
I *believe* that ip_conntrack_ftp is a module associated with IPTABLES,
not ipchains.  So if you REALLY want to stick with ipchains, you will
probably have to do ip_masq_ftp like in older kernels??  Don't know.  If
you change over to iptables, you will be much happier, I think!

Jerry G.

>>> Reale Marco <Marco.Reale@secondamano.it> 06/19/02 08:09AM >>>
Hi,
Payal wrote a message like this few days ago and I have done a "cut
and
paste".
I have a small network of 10 PCs and use a Redhat 7.2 with standard
configuration
(no kernel upgrade, no patch etc...).
I have configured firewall with ipchains and all work correctly from
linux
server
(http, https, ftp ecc....) but the problem is that my windows clients
cannot

connect to some ftp servers [even in PASV mode].
Previously (in redhat 6.2 for example)when I had the problem, I used
insmod ip_masq_ftp but now (in netfilter), it is provided by
ip_conntrack_ftp
which is already loaded correctly.

Now what can I do about it?
Please suggest something.
Thanks a lot in advance and eagerly waiting for the replies.
-Marco REale-
Italy