List:       ipchains-list
Subject:    Re: [IPChains]  ftp problem
From:       Payal <rpayal () indiainfo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-12 15:21:06

Hi,
Thanks for the mail.
> > ipchains -A forward -j MASQ
> I hope you have some kind of firewall between that proxy and the net,
> 'cause that's wide open.
No no firewall at all. What can go wrong with this? I am not able to
understand.

> As you said yourself, the modules name is ip_masq_ftp, not ip_ftp_masq.
> Make sure you insmod the right one.
I tried it with ip_masq_ftp also and same problem, no module by that name
found.

> Best solution: to use iptables instead of ipchains. It's a much more
Will like to use, but don't have much know-how and don't know if it is worth
the effort.
> Couple of things:
> - iptables only runs if ipchains module is unloaded. They can't coexist.
how to unload them. I tried using /etc/init.d/ipchains stop and
/etc/init.d/iptables start and thought that iptables will start properly but
no.
How did u ever manage without a reboot?
Thanks a lot again and bye.
-Payal