List:       ipchains-list
Subject:    Re: multiple ip addresses on the untrusted side
From:       raf <raf () raf ! org>
Date:       2001-10-18 22:48:28

Tony Carter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to setup a Linux box w/ipchains in a scenario where I will have
> multiple web servers on a dmz with a private ips.
> I want each host to have its own public ip address nated to a private ip
> address.
>
> Any ideas on how to do this?
>
> -TIA,
> Tony

have a look at fwup.org. the scripts there can perform
"alias port forwarding" or static nat for you.
which one you use depends on whether you intend to
use masquerading or not.

if you'd rather write your own script, you could also
take a look at the recent archives. William K. Hardeman
posted a concise extract of fwup to perform alias port
forwarding.

raf