List:       ipaq
Subject:    Re: [iPAQ] bricked IPAQ
From:       Radek Podgorny <radek () podgorny ! cz>
Date:       2006-11-17 21:42:34

If you get a flash, maybe it's not that dead :-). Sometimes, when I
drain the battery to complete zero, my H5450 looks bricked but it's not.
It just doesn't have enough energy to do anything (not even start
recharging the battery). So I have to connect the charger but then the
PDA starts an endless buzz. Can't do much then but put it under a pillow
and wait. That's the only only way to recharge the battery (at least in
my case). Then I have to remove the battery for an hour or so (or else
when I put it back it starts to buzz again) to make it operational again.

So I recommend trying removing the battery for a long time, plugging the
charger and all combinations that come up your mind. Be patient, it will
take long (keeping the battery out, finding out the battery is not being
charged, ...) but you may be successful in the end...

Regards
Radek Podgorny