List:       ipaq
Subject:    Re: [iPAQ] Wireless drivers
From:       bernhard distl <distlb () student ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2005-12-12 9:49:40

hi

Amish Rughoonundon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently learning how to write drivers for wirless chips in ipaq.

i am trying to do the same thing at the moment.

> I am using an h5555 as my testing ground though. I was wondering if
> there is like a developer manual for these cards and how do programmers
> figure out how to send and receive data from the card and how to
> interface with it in general. I really appreciate any help you can provide,

i think a good start is the book "linux device drivers". it gives you an
introduction in writing device drivers. i have not yet found something
that is focused on wireless lan devices.
i am using a hx2410 for my work, which has the wifi card connected to
its compact flash interface. This is why i try to use the orinoco_cs
kernel module as a sort of reference, as i have not found a pcmcia
device driver howto for the 2.6.13 kernel. (i think the pcmcia api has
changed sinced 2.6.10 - not that i had any experience with the old
version, i just want to use the latest kernel). I have not done anything
similar yet, so any further help is really appreciated.

regards
burt