List:       ion
Subject:    Re: any chance of a switch to disable focus for the new dock.
From:       Joe Skinner <crypt () ihug ! co ! nz>
Date:       2004-07-22 6:45:50

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:22, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
> Joe Skinner <crypt@ihug.co.nz> writes:
> > The new embedded docks is great but the fact that using alt-tab
> > will give it the focus on some screen layout is driving me nuts.
> >
> > is the anyway to turn this off ?
>
> You could write a function that calls whatever alt-tab is currently
> bound to, then check whether the current frame is the dock, and if it
> is, call that function again.
>
> Then bind this new function alt-tab.

true but then I would have to do functions for every keybinding that
could hit the dock and I have no reason here to ever want to have the
dock in focus.

I don't really know lua that well either which is why I haven't done
something like that.

Joe.

--

Joseph Skinner               email: crypt@ihug.co.nz

There's no such thing as a wizard
who minds his own business
 - Berengis the Black  Court Mage to the Earls Caeline