List:       ion
Subject:    Re: Mod1+K H margins and GNU Emacs
From:       Felix Schmidt <fesc2000 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-05-13 10:41:46

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:06:28 +0300, Tuomo Valkonen
<tuomov@modeemi.cs.tut.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:39:23PM +0200, Tibor Simko wrote:
>> Is there a way
>> to configure margins to be left when doing Mod1+K H with Ion 2,3?
>
> I should perhaps add support for "horizontal shade", so that when the
> frame becames small in that direction, windows are simply unmapped as
> is done vertically.

Maybe that would solve another issue i'm having with maximize:
Consider the following frame layout:

+--+--+--+--------+
|  |  |  |        |
|1a|1b|1c|   2    |
|  |  |  |        |
+--+--+--+--------+
|        3        |

If you maximize frame (2) horizontally, frames 1a, 1b and 1c get minimized.
If you un-maximize frame 2 again, you end up with frames 1a and 1b
minimized:

|   1c   |   (2)  |