List:       ion
Subject:    GNU Screen (was Re: getting rid of tabs?)
From:       "Mike" <mspam () www ! ideaway ! net>
Date:       2004-05-07 15:32:43

Last time I mentioned on this list that I use "screen" inside of
ion I received a bunch of confused responses and a bunch of messages
asking me if I was nuts...  I'm glad to now see that I'm not the
only nutcase out there and other people see a clear use for screen
inside ion as I do. :)

Now, to my short point...  The behavior of your script appears to
very closely resemble that of "screen -R"...   I personally
prefer "screen -A -RR -h 20000" (not 100% certain there is any
difference between -R and -RR in this particular case).
[why are you using -x?  multi-display always strikes me as more
of a pain than benefit...]

Another note [the response to which probably does not belong on
this list]...  I am currently in the process of experimenting with
an "improved" implementation of 'screen' that allows remotely
attaching sessions to local 'screen's and incorporates some
niftities such as file transfer amongst the different "windows".
Any suggestions or hints on how to achieve "nice" network
transparency from the user's point of view, or features that
you think would be useful, please drop me an email!

Mike

On Fri, 07 May 2004 09:43:12 -0400, Jordan Sissel wrote