List:       ion
Subject:    Re: xlock problem
From:       tuomov () modeemi ! cs ! tut ! fi (Tuomo Valkonen)
Date:       2004-05-07 9:08:20

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 02:03:06AM -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by this.

When executing a program, Ion essentially runs /bin/sh -c program,
and if 'program' is not found, any errors are printed by /bin/sh,
not Ion.

> ).  Should I have redirected the output of ion to a file?  Sorry if this
> seems clueless.

Depends on how .Xclients-default is run. Normally, .xsession-errors is only
used AFAIK when you start things through a display manager, but I have
absolutely no idea if and how Redhat has managed to do things in a
non-standard manner in this case.

--
Tuomo